Monday 21 July 2014

Turned Nine Patch

I seem to spend a lot of time making samples. One day someone will have to make them all up into something.
Last week I had two beginners in my class and we started with turned nine patch blocks. As I hadn't taken any fabric with me I had to quickly buy some from the shop and chose the Moda Folklore Charm pack. These little 4 1/2" squares were perfect for demonstrating and will make a lovely cot sized quilt. 


The pattern formed is very random so this meant that once I was back in my studio I had to try some more formal arrangements too.


I took these two starting arrangements of a nine patch block.



Pieced and cut them into quarters





then rearranged the squares for different effects. 

These will be very useful samples for my beginners classes, and one day may end up in a quilt.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment