Friday 29 March 2013

Flow Wall hanging

Original picture which inspired the wall hanging
The inspiration for this wall hanging was a photo I took in the local country park. It was such a bright day and the river was like a mill pond giving crystal clear reflections in the water.

This is the photo but can you see that I have flipped it so the reflection is at the top and the actual trees are at the bottom. It is amazing how the reflection looks more real than the riverbank itself. 


Using a stitch and flip method of patchwork I created a flowing river running down the wallhanging. It has been quilted using large lazy S's . The edging is a double piped  binding attached in an upholstery way. One piping added to each of the front and the back and then pulled together using ladder stitch.




Flow Front
Reverse 

Remnants of the fabric were pieced again using stitch and flip to create the back art. The hanging has been finished with tab tops and a lovely wooden hanging I purchased at the Knitting and Stitching Show. 
I love that this is a reversible wallhanging and that it is my memory of all the walks taken with my friends.

Happy stitching


Bev



2 comments:

  1. Lovely wall hanging... Very nice that it echoes the reflection in the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you San Ra. It was fun to do and I love the colours of the photo too.

      Delete