Friday 4 April 2014

Finally back in the Studio

I seem to have had a few days playing with transfer paints, which has been wonderful as I have been away from being creative for far too long. As you will have noticed from the lack of blogging.

It started on Saturday when I ran a mini workshop for my branch of the Embroiderers' Guild using transfer paints and appliqué. 


Now to finish the appliqué and add some embroidery for a fun cushion workshop. I auditioned the shapes againt different backgrounds and photogtraphed them to help me choose between them. I find that If I take photographs and distance myself from the work helps me. 



Tuesdays meeting of Calico was more ways with transfer paints.
I decided to experiment with using items as a resist. Some were slightly problematical as I melted the nylon lace onto the fabric. Luckily it peeled off but something I must take more care with in the future.









Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment