Thursday 26 March 2015

Thursday catch up

 My mother has been visiting for a few days, and whilst I have been teaching she has been busy in the studio basting quilts and preparing her next project. This was the first time she had seen the new studio and was thrilled with the space which made layering the quilts up so much easier.


It was also her birthday and I gave her a crazy patchwork shopping bag. One side with lots of embellishment and the other in stained glass patchwork.



Cherry has sent me a photo of her finished mystery quilt,


And Marilyn has finished her quilt top with triple borders. 
Aren't they great.


Lynne showed me these fabulous fabrics yesterday which she has chosen for her mystery quilt. 
I can't wait to see the finished quilt.


My mother also brought with her her first quilt which she started in January 2014. She has only just taken up patchwork and her quilt is fantastic. I have persuaded her to enter it in the 'First Quilt' category as there will never be another 'First quilt'.
As she is entering The Festival of Quilts in August, I think I should too, so have just started my entry. I can't show you pictures yet as it is still at a very early stage in the design. I know I haven't given myself much time but I am hopeful to get it done. I will keep you posted.

Happy sewing
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment