Saturday 18 April 2015

A Snapshot of Seville

Hello and thanks for dropping by. For my regular readers I apologise for the lack of blogging over the last couple of weeks. I have to say I did have an excuse. It was my 30th Wedding Anniversary and the week before Easter my wonderful husband whisked me off to Seville.


It was wonderful. The smell of orange blossom was everywhere. The weather was great (40 degrees). and Seville was in party mood.



Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy week and it is taken very seriously. Thousands of people came to see the processions. Huge floats are carried by teams through the streets preceeded and followed by hundreds of penitents and bands. Some of the processions leave their Churches at 11am and don't get back to them until 3am the following day. 










We also saw some flamenco dancing 


And spent a wonderful morning in the Real Alcazar. Looking through over 900 photos though, I find that as usual I have focused in on the patterns and textures










If I was a fortune teller I would say that I can see a new sketchbook in my future.

And even when we popped into a small back street bar for refreshment we couldn't get away from sewing machines. 


Hope you have enjoyed my little snapshot of Seville

Bev



No comments:

Post a Comment