Thursday 25 August 2016

Focus on - Jenny Jones

Several of my students have recently completed their City & Guilds courses and have kindly given me permission to share their work.

This first post is about the wonderful work of Jenny Jones.

Her patchwork wallhanging was inspired by a visit to 78 Derngate, Northampton. A beautiful house which was re-modelled by Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1916.

Each of the blocks in the wall hanging were inspired by different rooms, the stained glass and the decor. 








She has really captured the spirit of the house and his work. 

Her applique bag shows her attention to detail with hand and machine appliqué and trapunto flowers. The two sides show different seasons which compiment each other perfectly.








It has been lovely to see such wonderful work develop over the last few months.

I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I did and I would like to offer my congratulations to Jenny on her beautiful pieces.

Bev

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Jenny has done a fabulous job on both pieces. I am delighted to be able to see how 78 Derngate turned out as I watched some of the blocks grow with great interest. Well done Jenny.
    sarah xx

    ReplyDelete