Saturday 23 March 2013

Workshop with Dionne Swift

A few of my sketchbook pages 
What a lovely day at the NEC visiting the Fashion Embroidery & Stitch show at the NEC, Birmingham.
Three shows in one with Hobbycrafts and Sewing for Pleasure and Fashion, embroidery & Stitch there was certainly much to see and lots to tempt us into buying.

I was lucky enough  to get a space on Dionne Swift's Silk Screen printing  on-stand workshop.

Having recently done Dionne's

online sketchbook workshop
I was keen to meet her and thank her for all the useful information she provided us with on the course. Many new ideas have come from the course and I will be developing them over the next few months.


Screen printing With Dionne Swift











It was wonderful to see her devore and screen printing work, and the lovely machine embroidered Coastal Stitches. Embroideries which are full of movement and very atmospheric.

I have not done much Silk screen printing before and was excited to give it a try under Dionne's expert guidance.

We cut our own stencils and used procion dyes thickened with manutex.

My first effort was not very good as I hadn't blended the colours sufficiently. (I have cut the offending part out of the photo but it is the one  on the left minus the leaves).

Learning the basics has given me an appetite for more.
Dionne is also running an Accessible Screen Printing online workshop where she will be going into more detail about the process.

Bev

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you Bev. Thank you for your lovely blog post :-) I'll share on my facebook page :-)
    Dionne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all for your kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! online life coach

    ReplyDelete