Saturday 3 March 2018

Snow Business


The Beast from the East storm has brought snow and chaos to the country but after a walk I decided to make the most of the bad weather and experiment with snow dyeing. 

I soaked my fabric in a soda and salt solution, gave it a quick wring and crumpled into a plastic bag, then sprinkled procion dyes on the top. They will now stay in the garden until the snow thaws and I can see what effects have been produced. 


My dye combinations are 

Cobalt blue and marine violet.
Carmine red and marine violet.
Cobalt blue and turquoise
and lemon yellow and rust orange.

It will be exciting to see how they turn out.

The weather provided the excuse for several days of studio time and I used it to carry on with the New York Beauty blocks. These are developing over the year and I provide two pattern each month to the class at Tudor Rose Patchwork


Cherry made a lovely display of her New York Beauty blocks at the class this week. 


And Chris finished a cushion using a variation of Manx patchwork.


So now it is back to the studio to take more advantage of the Snow Time.

Happy Quilting

Bev







No comments:

Post a Comment