Thursday 9 August 2018

August Update

The last few months have been quite a whirlwind of activity, mainly due to our daughter's upcoming wedding. There has been much time taken in the planning and creating, mainly the 170 metres of bunting, which became a family production. My sister in Gretna sewed all the triangles together and sent them back to me to sew onto the braid. I don't think I would have managed to get it all done without her help. 


Many evenings have been taken up lacing antique doilies onto hoops to make backdrop panels. I think they have been worth the effort and now just need to be laced together.


  Our son has moved back from London after many years as a chef to start his own business. 
He is putting his expertise to good use and is making the wedding favours for his sister.
His truffles are little pieces of heaven and have not been helping with pre wedding diets. 


We have been trying to keep the allotment going in all the hot weather and have enjoyed quite a lot of home grown veg and fruit.




The patty pan squashes seem to have particularly enjoyed the hot weather and are producing lots of fruit. 
They are doing better than I am in the heat as some days have been so hot that I have struggled to sew, but I am keeping up with my design work and will post another update soon. 

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment