Tuesday 2 July 2013

Getting back in the swing of things

Having spent the last week or so in Spain, recharging the old batteries, it is time to get back into the swing of things.  Uploading some photos is first on my list so that I can have a quick peek now and again to remind myself of the holiday. When I start back at the computer it feels as if I have never been away so I need a quick reminder every now and then.

We spent a couple of days in Madrid



















And a few days in Totana in Mercia. This is the facade of a house which was tucked away down a back street.  I love the intricate brick work and can almost see a quilt coming on.


Back to the sewing now and something which may get your eyes going. 
The picture is not out of focus ( I think ) it is the twin needle effect


I had a go using my sewing machines programmed stitches and the twin needle


 then I went wild and started a quilted doodle 


I like the painterly effect but it does affect my eyes.

I must make sure that my twin needles are taken out from the bottom of my needle tin more often, they have more potential for creative embroidery than I have tried so far.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment