Tuesday 9 April 2013

Embossing and the MDF Man

I have spent this morning creating textured surfaces using an embossing tool (and dreaming of my friends card making machine)  for the City & Guilds courses.


It reminded me that the MDF Man gave me his recipe for homemade embossing paste when I saw him at the Hobbycrafts show in March.

I have not tried it myself yet but he gave me permission to share it on my blog

There are two versions.

1. Equal parts of PVA glue, Acrylic Paint (black in this example) and corn flour.

2. One part PVA Glue,  one part Acrylic paint ( black), Two parts Brown decorators cork.



MDF Man uses black acrylic as he spray paints his demo models black first.

Using a spatula and a stencil he applies the paste, and cleans the stencil straight away.

Leave to dry and brush with treasure gold.

I haven't tried it yet.... but watch this space.

Happy Stitching

Bev




2 comments:

  1. Any time you want to borrow it, just let me know :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue, That's very kind of you. It certainly would have saved a lot of hand ache (if there's such a word)

    ReplyDelete