Friday 16 August 2013

Blue John Blocks #1.

Whilst I was away on holiday a friend started an International Block Swap group. I have been lucky to be involved with this project and so I gave myself the week off the computer last week, to concentrate on a block I  developed during my City & Guilds. When studying for something like a City & Guilds you end up with masses of design work which never seems to be developed. I decided to go back and revisit some of my work which I will now share with you, over the next few posts.

My starting point was a favourite cave photo.


I love the colours and textures as well as the strong lines in this picture. To create the block I traced then picture and then isolated some areas with interesting lines. The three squares on the tracing.


I then simplified the shapes and looked at tonal values for each area.



Already I can see blocks appearing.

These are some blocks made with the 6 piece block pattern 



Hope you enjoy the start of this project

Bev


No comments:

Post a Comment