Thursday 15 August 2013

Can't see the Wood for the Trees

My blog posts this summer have been slightly erratic as I have been busy trying to catch up with everything. Perhaps it just feels like that. Housework, decorating, clearing out masses of accumulated junk, mainly paperwork from the year dot. We have been clearing out our son's room in preparation for remodelling and redecorating. it is amazing to find exercise books going back to his primary school days, he is now in his 20's!! The recycle bin has been working overtime. Perhaps this post should have been called  'Can't see the floor for the paperwork'

Anyway to get back on track I decided to give my little Messy Studio a bit of a clear out. It was great because I re-discovered lots of old sketchbooks. These are a few pages I thought I would share with you today.


Looking at them Makes me want to get out my water colours again. I am not very good at using watercolour but do enjoy dabbling. 


I was a bit heavy handed with these.


I was pleased with this effort of Silver Birch trees in Winter

I really need to make time for more sketching and painting in my day. Will someone invent a 25 hour day please.

No comments:

Post a Comment