Friday 2 May 2014

Butterflies and Stitch Samples

 Yesterday, one of my Machine Embroidery students, Barbara, brought in her folder of samples from the first two lessons. 

She has taken to machine embroidery so well and has given me permission to share her work here. 


From her first free motion embroidery sample, and through using colour and stitch she has made wonderful start to her machine embroidery. 


Her applique samples show good use of colour and stitch, and will be an invaluable resource for her future work.  




She also inspired me to get on and start cataloguing the stitches of my Brother Innovis sewing machine.
This is a job I have intended to do for ages and have now made a start. I encourage my students to do this but hadn't done it myself, now is the time to remedy this failing. 
I find that once I have started something there is a chance it will get done. These are the first two samplers and I haven't started on the decorative stitch setting yet. What I have learnt is that the stitches are not exactly like the diagrams. Much more variation is possible with by altering the stitch width and length and that will be yet another sampler. 



I now need to move away from the computer and get back to my machine. 
I hope you have enjoyed Barbara's work too

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment