Monday 15 December 2014

Studio Weekend

This weekend some of my students came to my home studio to have a bit of a messy time. Graded dyeing, silk painting and batik were among some of the techniques we explored.


My husband had bought me a wax pot for my birthday and this was the perfect opportunity to try it out


Lots of wonderful experimenting going on



Transfer paints with a stitched resist. I love the mottled background.




Bleach effects on hand dyed fabric and velvet.




Silk painting and salt effects


Folded and pegged fabric it looks like a tiled floor. I am very pleased with this one.


Tray dyeing before rinsing out.  The colours will be paler when it is dried.


Stacks of dyed fabric to take home.


Jenny's silk painting


Sarah's 


And Jan's

I am looking forward to our next lesson to see how the dyed fabric has turned out.

Bev

2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful day and so much fun. I have sorted my fabrics now and will have to show you how fabulous they look!

    ReplyDelete