Thursday 25 June 2015

A Mixed Bag

I have been meaning to write my blog for what seems like days now. Apologies if you have been waiting for the new post.

We are still travelling up and down the country when I am not teaching. I am pleased to say that my mother is recovering well from the subarachnoid aneurysm and is now back home. The fabric I ordered for her had arrived and we couldn't resist in auditioning it against the pieced top she had done before going into hospital. It is going to be a wonderful quilt.


My parrot patchwork is nearly finished and with a few tweaks to the design it will be ready for display at Tudor Rose Patchwork. If you would like to have a go at stained glass patchwork and make this fun pair of parrots please get in touch with them. The day school is on Monday September 28th.



I have also been busy with a new beginners project for next Wednesday. Using the half square triangle block I have made this lovely Star table runner. A great project for anyone wanting to perfect the half square triangle block


 

 Using the half square triangles I was playing around with in the last post, I have made a simple bag. It is proving to be an easy way to take small projects and quilts to class and back.


As part of our '30 events for our 30th year' ( for our wedding anniversary this year) Alan and I pottered along to the BBC to watch a recording of the Radio 4 programme - The Museum of Curiosities. It was very interesting to see how these things are made. We also got a glimpse of the BBC news area and saw the weather reporter Tomasz Schafernaker presenting his report. However I have to say that I still fancy myself as the Doctors next companion. An older companion for an older Doctor????


I could do with a tardis for all the projects I have in my head.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment