Wednesday 10 June 2015

Half Square Triangles

Things are slowly getting back to normal. My mother is on the mend and hopefully soon be out of hospital. I have entered her quilt in the Festival of Quilts and although she won't be able to visit with me this year I am looking forward to seeing it and taking lots of pictures for her.

It will soon be time for my students to have their summer break and it is going to be strange not having lessons every week with them. New courses will be starting in September, please get in touch for details.

A bit of serendipity was brought in last week by one of my machine embroidery students. Cyn free motion stitched this sample 


And by a happy accident didn't get the tension quite right, which has produced some wonderful whipped stitches, fabulous textures and effects.



This morning I had time in the studio to explore half square triangles patterns.  Which is your favourite?


   
 





We will be mastering the half square triangle unit on 1st July please get in touch if you want to book a place on the day.

Happy stitching

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment