Monday 7 September 2015

A Celebration and Dog Sitting Part 2

Although this post is called dog sitting part 2 there will be little mention of the lovable Toby from the last post.

We spent a lovely couple of weeks in the Lake District and I am still catching up with things. Funny how a holiday can really throw things. So this is a quick round up of the holiday and then I will get back to all things textile related.

One of the things we did was to visit the new Lakes Distillery. As you can see it has not been open long so it will be a few years for their own whisky to be produced ( for those who like whisky I have to say I am not fond )


However I was taken with the wonderful iron gates and the Victorian model farm buildings. 


They also had llamas but I couldn't see the connection (but they were cute)


 We had wonderful weather and took the opportunity practice with the panoramic setting on the camera. Unfortunately I was wearing my sunglasses and didn't quite match it up. I added in more mountains on most of them.


This is a better photo my husband took from Whinlatter looking down at Bassenthwaite Lake


And of Derwentwater


I also said in the last post that I was expecting a new sewing machine. Unfortunately it has been delayed and is still in America. This is not the totally bad news you might expect, as we fell behind with the new quilting room. We managed to complete the new floor this weekend so the quilt table still needs to be reassembled. Hope fully it won't be too long before everything is done as I am itching to get going.

My new floor

On another happy note, three of my students came to my studio for a coffee and cake celebration. 

Congratulations to them all.


And now with new courses starting this month it is back to work.

Level 1 Patchwork & Quilting will be starting at Tudor Rose Patchwork, Oakley on Tuesday 22nd September.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment