Friday 13 June 2014

Kaleidoscope Quilting Week


This froggy fabric (by Freedom Fabric) has been sitting in my studio for quite a while now, waiting for me to find some time for it. I enjoy this type of patchwork as I don't have to start to design until I choose how to make the hexagons. It is great fun. 

I started it as a demonstration for my Beginners class at Tudor Rose on Tuesday. The pattern repeat is quite large, and I have managed to get 7 strips from each repeat. This is providing a huge amount of hexagons to play with.


Once the hexagons are made it is time to start to design the quilt. I love putting them up on my design wall to get a feel for the overall look.


 But it is not going to be big enough as I still have 2 strips to make into hexagons. That's another 34 hexagons. Where are they all going to go?
Perhaps I should make 2 single bed sized quilts?

Bev 

2 comments:

  1. goodness, your going to be busy,keep up the good work,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetypie. It is good to get some time away from the computer.

      Delete