Friday 2 October 2015

A Last Lesson

It is always a shame when a course comes to an end and yesterday was no exception. I have had a lovely group of students on the Machine Embroidery course and each month I looked forward to seeing what they had done with the starting point ideas and techniques.


They surprised me with this lovely card at the end of the day which Mark had made and they had all signed. It is now in pride of place on my ideas board in my studio.

Although the Level 1 Machine Embroidery has finished for this year, the Patchwork & Quilting will be starting on 20th October. There are still a couple of places on the course, please email me at rmcreativestitches@hotmail.com if you would like details. 

Mark also entered his first quilt into The Festival of Quilts this year.


Called The Festival of the Dead it certainly lives upto its name. 
With lots of wonderful embellishments it reminds me of the Mexican Dia de Muertos  celebrations.  
A great first quilt - congratulations Mark

The quilt room is slowly taking shape.
I have put some quilt tops which are waiting to be finished on the wall behind the quilt table, and will start to fill the shelves with lots of quilting things.


I am eager to get started and hopefully it wont be too long now before everything is up and running.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment