Monday 25 March 2013

Exploring Printing

We had a great afternoon exploring printing lead by Pam at the Peterborough branch of the Embroiderers' Guild. At times it was so quiet you could hear the preverbial pin drop,  as everyone was busy printing and stamping away. 


print on sheer fabric
print using a homemade printing block
print on net


details showing layering of the prints

I chose to keep to a simple colour scheme, burnt umber, brick and ivory highlights ( I must still be in an Autumnal mode) 

We worked from the darkest colour to the lightest, offsetting the prints each time to give a layered effect. Using sheer fabrics and nets gave us even more effects.
In the past I have always been frustrated by printing as I sought the perfect print and was often thwarted by smudges, too little or too much paint. This method freed me from these frustrations.  I can certainly see more printing in the future.

Bev

1 comment: