Thursday 28 March 2013

Jewellery Roll

Jewellery Roll

Jewellery with large hole beads which can be moved and swapped in or out to match your outfit has become very popular over recent years.
How to store extra beads and the chains on which they go was a problem for me, so I designed a handy jewellery roll.


Quilting and Beading
The roll was made from hand dyed silk - I chose a turquoise as it is my birthstone.

To represent the beads inside there are additional areas of wadding which have been stitched around using straight  and zig-zag stitching
Detail showing beading 

 Lengths of seed beads have been added for more texture.














Interior arrangement

The interior is black cotton. I have added flaps at the sides to keep the jewellery from escaping at the sides when it is rolled.





Happy Stitching

Bev








No comments:

Post a Comment