Thursday 5 June 2014

Keswick trip and the Derwent Block

Gosh where is the year going. 
The month has flown by with lots of teaching, sorting rooms in preparation for a new studio space and a small amount of stitching. 


I did manage to get up to the Lakes to see my Mum who is in the process of making her first quilt.


Using the Moda Wintrgreen fabric she has made lovely log cabin blocks with a rail fence border. There is also going to be a flying geese border, and this week she told me she had made all those blocks. I think she has made a wonderful start and am so proud of her. She is putting me to shame as I am not being very productive at the moment. 


So I decided to take some time to finish the Derwent Quilt, a foundation pieced pattern. It is now ready for quilting. Which is the part I find most challenging. What pattern to use? Should it be quilted all over? What thread, variegated or not? Too many choices. I am suffering with quilting block. Perhaps like writers block, if I leave it alone for a while the answer will magically appear?
What do you think?

Bev










No comments:

Post a Comment