Friday 27 June 2014

A Colourful Week

Well again it is Friday and the week has flown by. 

I did graded dyeing with the level 1 City & Guilds students which makes me want to do more and more. I love the different shades that can be achieved with just one dye bath. 

This is this weeks results and I already have itchy fingers to print, stencil or screen print. 


At the Beginners patchwork class at Tudor Rose, several students had finished their quilt tops. This meant a busy day layering up, pinning and basting 5 quilts. It is great to see so many reaching this stage. 

The level 1 City & Guilds class also came to and end and I now look forward to getting these students through the final stage to completion. The new course will be starting in September.

Along with changes planned in my studio space it looks like it will be a busy summer and I will share the developments with you over the next few months. Getting quotes from builders is taking more time than I thought it would though.

Now, with such a rainy day and listening to the thunder rolling round, it is back to the sketchbook as I am working on a series of foundation pieced patterns. All will be revealed soon.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment