Friday 17 October 2014

Friday Catch Up

These last couple of months have been quite difficult. Not having my studio space was more unsettling than I thought it would be so I am in no hurry to repeat the experience. The builder is back again today to finish up - hooray!! I have already stared moving back in but feel there is still a way to go until I am settled in and working properly. However a couple of days out can take the mind off the chaos at home


A trip to Chilford and a spot of wine tasting was just the thing last Friday and the lunch was good too. 



Quickly followed by a trip to London to see how the poppies in the moat display is growing, again with a lovely lunch ( and dinner! ) with good friends. We even managed to find - quite by accident  - the restaurant where my son works. I have to say that I did embarrass him and pop in. Luckily it was his break and he joined me for a coffee and a catch up. The busy life of a chef.

Anyway I am taking advantage of not being able to unpack boxes to browse the internet for quilt festivals and shows for 2015. It is time to be more focused in my work and will give myself some deadlines for next year. 



Yesterday was an exciting day with some of my City & Guilds students coming to the end of their courses, and they rose to the challenge I set them. It was a mini sewing bee as they only had a couple of hours to design and make a small patchwork item. Carol and Jennifer have given me permission to share their finished items


Carol's cushion cover using English paper pieced hexagons and echo quilting.


Jennifer's Christmas themed place mat using courthouse steps construction. 

I'm sure you will agree that they have both done a great job on the level 1 Patchwork & Quilting course. 

Happy sewing
Bev






No comments:

Post a Comment