Monday 15 April 2013

Braids with Gina Ferrari

A wonderful workshop on Saturday led by  Gina Ferrari produced some wonderful machine embroidered braids. Even though it was a hive of activity - we had to be asked not to sew for at 20 minutes for a quiet lunch - it was a relaxed day. 

some of my braids

Gina showed us her wonderful machine embroidered braids which she had made into bracelets and bags. It is such a flexible technique that lots of other things could be made, and I'm sure over the next few months we will see the products of the members imaginations. I was a little too enthusiastic and may have over-blinged my piece. I very rarely use sequins.

the finished or not so finished item

Yesterday I was so enthused that after the busy day yesterday flying Falcons, Owls and Eagles and then a walk along a short section of the Viking Way to Greetham I still went into my studio to make some more braids. 

My Husband and an Eagle Owl 
My braid project is still a UFO but it will be developed over the next few months into something wonderful - I hope as the idea is still in my head and needs planning out. A bit of experimenting with aluminium mesh may be called for.

More examples of the day can be seen at Gina's blog Fan my Flame and Pam's Blog the crafty mugwump

Happy Stitching

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment