Monday 1 April 2013

Printing with Maggie Grey


Yesterday I looked back though old sketchbooks and folders, and came across these wonderful fabrics. I had completely forgotton about. I love Celtic patterns and designs. The source picture was two interlocked people. 



New fabric stash
richly coloured fabric

A day school with Maggie Grey prompted a great day of printing, with a stamp made from a polystyrene pizza tray  and a sharp pencil. A loop of masking tape on the back to help lift the stamp and I was away.


Acrylic paints
expandaprint
Acrylic paint and black cotton fabric made  rich textures and colours. Printing with expandaprint and heat treating the surface has given even more texture.

If you are a regular reader you will have seen that I have several projects on the go. These have now added to the pile. I can't wait to embellish them. 

Happy stitching

 Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment