Friday 5 April 2013

SIX and Friends - Orientation Exhibition

I am a little late with the blog today as I took the opportunity to visit The Bramble Patch in Northamptonshire. I was eager to see the "Orientation" exhibition by SIX and Friends before it finishes tomorrow.

I have to say that I was not disappointed. The work was stunning and of a calibre I just dream of  and aspire to. I am not posting  photos of the work on display but the links will take you to their blogs

I have been following Annabel Rainbow's Blog for a while, but to see her finished quilts was wonderful. 
The depth of feeling in Shall I be Mother? is exquisite. The link takes you to the story behind the quilt.  

Both Laura and Linda Kemshall were showing work with an Oriental theme, and I am always pushed to think about my designing when viewing their wonderful work.

It made me get out my old sketchbooks and have a look at the work I did with a Japanese theme. 

Here are a few pages







I can see me revisiting these in the not so distant future

Happy Stitching

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment