Sunday 14 April 2013

Falconry Day



Today we are going with friends on a Falconry experience. I have never been close to hawks but we do see the occasional Red Kite gliding over our garden. 
It reminded me of the Falconry furniture I made when I did my City & Guilds way back in the early '90's.  Always one for a challenge as I had never worked in leather or made a glove before (how hard can it be!!!) Well I soon learned how difficult and tricky glove making is. I couldn't even think of making one with a hard leather so chose to make it from chamois. The colours were taken from a photo of a Kestrel.




The feathers were made by free machining over net, cutting out and applying onto the  leather. 
The cuff of the glove was influenced by wonderful Elizabethan embroidered gloves.
Threads were trapped between the leather and a layer of chiffon and free motion stitched in place.

As this is a new blog it will be a combination of some early work as well as new, hope you enjoy seeing my work.

Happy Stitching

Bev


No comments:

Post a Comment