Sunday 5 January 2014

A Boaty Quilt

My daughter and partner live on a narrow boat, and although they have the quilt I made when she went to college it was mentioned that another one would be welcome. As it was close to Christmas I wanted to do something quick and easy so tried my hand at a jelly roll quilt.

Jelly roll race video on You Tube


I am quite a quick sewer but I wasn't in a race so it took me slightly over the hour. 


As their boat is red and green I chose the Wintergreen fabric by Moda. Although a Christmas range it is perfect for this project.
I wanted it to be reversible so the back was made from squares of fabric from the same range. Two quilts in one!


As it was a boat quilt I made a Mariners Comass quilting design for the center
  

and then filled in with wandering vermicelli and hearts 


And now that is is in pride of place on their boat I can share it with you.



I thoroughly enjoyed making my first jelly roll quilt and can see more over the coming months. They are a great way to produce a quick quilt.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment