Wednesday 15 May 2013

More Log Cabin

This is such a great block for experimenting with different centre shapes and strip widths.


A irregular trapezium set in the centre with strips of different widths.


An irregular trapezium off set from the centre with strips of different widths  and strips made from strips.


Using a hexagon in the centre was challenging.  Even though I had drawn out on isometric paper what pattern I wanted, I became lost when stitching. This is the importance of sampling for me. 


Partial seams helped to even the pattern up but there is still rotation going on.


Adding strips to alternate sides meant that I started to loose the hexagon shape and needed to trim and adjust to get it back


There is no rotation and I don't need to partial seam any side. 
There is much more to explore and I feel that I have only just scratched the surface of this block.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment