Tuesday 14 May 2013

Dawn Fisherman in need of TLC

 When you send things off to exhibition or use them as demonstration pieces it is difficult to know what will happen to them. Over the years I have had embroideries hung inside out ( a lamp shade)  and upside-down. 


I try to be not too precious about my work but would still like them to last a few years!. 
I have recently looked at a piece I have taken to talks - Dawn Fisherman. If it is to last a little longer it is time for a bit of TLC and a makeover.


It is made from white silk dupion and so frays like mad. It is also badly creased and some of the pleating needs attention. Luckily there is no staining of marks on it so no cleaning is required.


This is a version in a biscuit coloured silk dupion which hangs on my staircase. It is behind glass - sorry for the glare.
There is smocking, pleating, tucking scrunching and quilting. Lots of texture 



Although there is a window on the staircase it is out of direct light and so has fared much better.

Now to get started on it's twin. 

Happy stitching

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment