Wednesday 29 May 2013

Bit Bags

One of the great things about being an embroiderer is finding a use for all those little pieces which would usually be thrown away. I have a plastic bag taped to the table for all the off cuts and bits produced, fabric and threads.

I bonded the bits to a background and then free stitched them in place to produce a unique fabric




I cut the fabric into smaller pieces and applied them to various backgrounds to explore fabric distortion.


On a felt background
felt background
felt background and using circles
handmade felt
corded velvet
spiral on felt
the spiral cut out from the one above on velvet
I have also used the fabric for the bodice and shoes of my snooty doll. I call her my snooty doll as I accidentally put her head on upside down, and she has an upturned nose.

































She really could do with a better name and I am open to suggestions.

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment