Friday 17 May 2013

Fun with Ironing


A photo blog today.
Ironing is not my favourite past time but I've just had a great hour with disperse dyed papers creating some fabrics for a workshop idea that is currently in my head.











Have a good weekend
Bev

I have been asked how I did them so for those who are interested.
Papers were painted with the disperse dyes.
Poly cotton fabric scrunched and folded ( use baking parchment or greaseproof paper sandwich  to prevent dye transferring to your iron or board)
painted paper, when dry placed painted side down onto the fabric. Greaseproof on top and dry iron to transfer the dye.
Unscrunch, rescrunch and repeat with another coloured paper until you get the effect you want.

Have fun

Bev

1 comment:

  1. I had a go with this stuff and it is my new favourite thing!

    ReplyDelete