Sunday 19 May 2013

Bluebells, Blossom and Christmas

After a lovely afternoon at the Embroiderers' Guild today the sun arrived,  giving me the opportunity to photograph the bluebells which have appeared in the garden. I am working on a quilt design which has the working title of Bluebells and Blossom, so their appearance is wonderful. There are only two stems this year but I hope they will spread in coming years.




The blossom is from the apple trees. Slightly late to get photos but they have been covered unlike the pear which has had no blossom at all this year. 


We had a lovely cream tea of scones, cream and strawberry jam and strawberries which made me think of my strawberry planters.  Again there are lots of flowers which are starting to set.



A little while ago, Gillian Barnett of Chiltern beads came to the branch, where she led a wonderful workshop for us making bead necklaces. 
This is one of her kits that I won in the raffle this afternoon.


 Full of everything needed to make this Christmas tree decoration, Needle, thread and beads.


As Christmas is galloping towards us I thought it was a good project for this evening. 

My finished Christmas Tree decoration. A lovely way to spend the evening.


Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment