Sunday 26 May 2013

Thinking Time

This week I have been thinking, preparing, designing, more thinking, and a bit of sampling. 
I have mentioned the working title of the piece I am thinking about in earlier posts.

Bluebells and Blossoms

Will it be a quilt, or an embroidery? I still don't know. 
This planning stage is always what takes me the longest time. 



I have tray dyed some fabric which I think will make the background to the piece. I think I will dye some darker browns and greens this week. 




I love how unpredictable this way of dyeing is. The results can be very dramatic.



I am starting to think about the background and how I will piece the sections. 


When I have a few more blocks constructed I will have a play on my design wall to create the background for the appliqué and embroidery.

Happy Bank Holiday

Bev


No comments:

Post a Comment