Saturday 11 May 2013

Going Underground

 I don't know what it is because there is no way that I would go pot holing, but I love visiting caves. One year in France our whole holiday seemed to be underground. Influenced by the cave art I made a  'cave painting'  in  felt and machine embroidery.






 My fascination with caves is still going strong and I take pictures whenever I can.


This was taken on a holiday in Derbyshire and has been used for several projects. Most recently I have been exploring textures and stitch.
I have isolated small areas and interpreted them in stitch. By concentrating on one stitch, different  threads and overlapping the stitches I am building up layers and textures.









From the one picture there are many areas of different textures and colour combinations. Lots to still go at and lots of stitches to explore.

Happy stitching

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment